They say that your home reflects your personality. Thus, the kind of windows that you chose for your humble abode also dictates the kind of person that you are.
There a lot of vinyl window types that are available in the market. You just to choose the type that would make your home look extremely beautiful inside and out.
However, you would have to go beyond the style and outer appearance of a certain window type.
You would also have to consider whether it’s expensive, environmental friendly, energy efficient, safe and would keep your home well ventilated or not.
Sliding and casement windows are the most popular windows that can be found in several homes nowadays.
Sliding windows gives you the advantage of completely viewing your outdoors from inside your home. They move sideways and their frames consist of tracks which allow them to execute this movement.
On the other hand, casement windows are vertically aligned to walls with the use of hinges. They move outwards which make them consume more space compared to sliding windows.
There are a lot of factors which can dictate the kind of windows that would be most suitable for your home. The first factor is the amount of money that you are willing to spend for them.
If you want to secure your home’s interior and have more privacy in your rooms, then you can settle for screened or fortified windows.
If you want to have an energy efficient window, then you should select a double glazed one. This kind of window can certainly give you a warm home during the winter season.
If you want to keep your home well ventilated, then you can install windows on walls that are opposing each other. These windows would surely come handy during the hot summer season
If you are living in a place where the temperature shifts quickly, has strong winds and great sun exposure, then it would be best for you to install interior windows. If you have a calmer environment, then you can opt for exterior windows instead.
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of the two kinds of window mentioned in this article.
- You would have no trouble in fitting the screen of these windows.
- Theses windows can be maintained easily for they have less mechanical parts such as springs and pulleys.
- They are made from a wide range of materials and they have lot of styles and colors as well.
- They are less expensive compared to casement windows
- These windows get aligned easily.
- The exterior of these windows are not easy to clean.
- They can be customized the way you want them to be.
- They are suitable escapes for emergency situations.
- They can be cleaned easily. Thus, they can be placed behind countertops and sinks.
- However, they get misaligned easily as well.
- One casement window can block the way of the other.
- Since the screens of this door can be found inside, they can be damaged easily.